Like many other rural municipalities, the territory of Roccavione is scattered with shrines, most of which were built between 1850 and today. These constructions are mostly square based and up to 2 or 3 meters high. Each of them remembers a historical event or attests to the devotion of the local population to dangers they escaped or favours they received, or to invoke protection or favours of any kind; all are named after God, the Virgin or even saints.
Two of them, both located in Borgata Malandre, although being recent reconstructions, they stand on equally important points of historical interest. Restored in 1980, the Pilone del Moro recalls with its position the expulsion of the Saracens in 985 and stands in an area with a wide view, a strategically important point to control the lower Val Vermenagna, the Val Colla, the area of Boves and Fontanelle, as well as Pedona (today Borgo San Dalmazzo) and the Castrum Auriatensium (according to some historians the Roman site from which the Roccavione settlement would have developed), with the entrance to the Gesso Valley, controlled by a fortress on the Rocca Morina. Of ancient origin the Pilone della Battaglia recalls the clash between the Angevin army and the anti-Angevin league formed by the Marquisate of Saluzzo, the Marquises of Monferrato and Pope Gregorio X which took place on 10 November 1275.