The Municipality is mentioned for the first time in a diploma of 1041 as a dependency of the Abbey of Pedona, to then pass under the power of Savoy in 1364 and be granted in fief to the Nicolis, lords of Varallo, who made its name famous thanks to the name Counts of Robilant.
Robilante has always been a town from which the population had to emigrate to get a living; the motto of the village, reported under an ancient painting of the Gonfalone, reports “Fortunae Robur antecellit” meaning strength dominates luck, which is well suited. This happened until the opening of the Buzzi Unicem factory in 1965, the silicon production company, helping the town’s economy.
To date, however, the presence of major historical and architectural monuments cannot be reported; however it is a town rich in traditions thanks essentially to the “folk history” of a rural community, which followed the rhythms of agriculture and religious festivities. Outside the centre, along strada Montarosso, there is the climatic institution, welfare and sanatorium founded in 1928, inside the old castle of the Counts of Robilant. A small fifteenth-century fresco is placed under a driveway of Via Emina. It is the oldest work of Robilante: a terracotta on which the Virgin with Child is frescoed.