The chapels of the villages of Vernante are part of the housing fabric developed close to the municipal administrative centre between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, when the villages were densely populated by families whose livelihood was due to the characteristic agro-silvo-pastoral activities of the alpine area. These are holy buildings built between the first half of the seventeenth century and the middle of the nineteenth century which underwent restoration work, including heavy ones, starting from the second post-war period.
The origin of the chapel of San Macario probably dates back to the XV century; the church underwent several renovations in the 19th century; the structure is similar to the typologies of the medieval rural oratories of the Alpine area; the frescoes are modern paintings of popular taste.
The chapel of the Madonna della Neve is in the Ciastellar Valley. The building dates back at least to the seventeenth century; the structure of the church takes up the simple forms of the late Alpine Baroque; the frescoes are modern.
The chapel of San Grato is in the Vallone di San Giovanni and was built – in place of an older building – between 1899 and 1902; the structure includes a single internal room with a round apse and a portico in front of the entrance.
The chapel of Saint Lucia dates back to the 1988-1989 two-year period; the building follows the alpine model with a single room preceded by a sloping portico; the interior and exterior paintings were realized by the local painter Carletto.