The first documented attestations date back to the second half of the thirteenth century, but it is likely that the origin of the church is to be placed in the twelfth century, as a commemorative plaque preserved in the church would seem to attest. The pre-existence of a building is certain, as confirmed by two apses placed on the side of the bell tower.
The building reached its current structure, in which elements of Romanesque and Gothic style coexist, between the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, as shown by the date of 1363 carved on a stone on the right side of the altar of the Annunciation and the date of 1447 carved on the first column to the left of the main door.
The stone façade is punctuated by half pilasters and houses a 15th century Deposition in the lunette of the portal. The interior has three naves, with cross vaults supported by twelve granite columns, representing the twelve most influential families in the area. The walnut pulpit, carved in the sixteenth century, comes from the Charterhouse of Chiusa di Pesio. The Romanesque bell tower, belonging to the previous church, dates back to the 11th century.
Inside are two local white stone stoups made in 1668, the pulpit, the altar of the Rosary in carved and gilded wood in the second half of the seventeenth century and the three paintings painted by G. Bottero in the last quarter of the nineteenth century