Saint-Sauveur church was completed around 1498.
The wide semicircular arches separating the large nave from the narrow collaterals are representative of the basilica churches still built during the so-called “Alpine Gothic” transition period.
From the beginning of the 17th century, as part of the Counter-Reformation, the chapel began to be redecorated with Baroque taste. The notables and brotherhoods of the town, between 1610 and 1663, founded lateral chapels. Altars and altarpieces were decorated with rococo style.
The main portal has retained its original frame, fifteenth century lintel representing the paschal lamb.
The stepped high altar (1734) is typical of the Ligurian art of the time. It separates the heart from the high choir. A closed niche with a double repelled copper gateway representing the village contains the relics of Saint-Claude, patron of Saorge since 1691.
Stalls in eighteenth century walnut surround the high choir. We can see a painting of Saint-Claude presenting Saorge to the Virgin carrying Jesus.