The mill was built in 1660, while the first license is dated to 1825. The mill still uses stone millstones activated by the force of the channel that moves the gears. The main feature of these grinders, made by hand from the rock wall, is the groove that marks the surface and which are made with light inclined surfaces that push the flour outwards.
The milling consists in breaking the cereals (wheat, corn, rye, buckwheat) with a stone millstone, with the aim of separating the cortical part from the heart. The plant is characterized by a belt conveyor by which the cereals reach the millstones and then continue (after milling) towards the automatic sieve; with the exception of the ancient polenta and some qualities of flour that are still sieved by hand. The mill has been part of the Slow Food project Le strada del gusto since 1999.