The chapels of the villages of Limone Piemonte surround the town centre, following the housing fabric that in past centuries developed in the hamlets whose sustenance was due to the agro-silvo-pastoral activities, characteristic of the Alpine area. With the depopulation of the hamlets and the transformation of the peripheral settlements into second homes, the chapels have gradually fallen into disuse and are now used for functions and activities related to local folklore.
They are sacred buildings built between the first half of the seventeenth century and the middle of the nineteenth century which have undergone restoration and reconstruction. They are buildings with limited architectural value. Regarding nineteenth-century reconstructions, they follow popular building schemes that are extremely widespread in the Alpine context: there where the original structures are still available, they refer to schemes imposed by the Counter-Reformation and by the widespread Baroque language in the context of the valleys of Southern Piedmont between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
As regards the endowment on all, the canvas depicting the Baptism of Jesus attributed to Claudio Francesco Beaumont (Turin, 4 July 1694 – Turin, 21 June 1766) in the Capella di San Giovanni Battista is mentioned.
- Cappella di San Secondo, via Genova 34
- Cappella di San Giovanni Battista, via San Giovanni (2.2 km)
- Cappella della Madonna del Giardino, via Genova 2
- Cappella di San Pancrazio Martire, on the road from the 7th hairpin bend towards the tunnel, which branches off from the SS20 main road at the hamlet of Panice (0,850 km)
- Cappella di Sant’Anna, on the fork of the SS20 main road, follow the crossroads for Tetto Catalin, which branches off on the right at street number 100 (1 km)
- Cappella della Madonna di Loreto, on the SP20 main road at the crossroads with the road towards the hamlet of Ceresole
- Cappella di San Bernardo di Chiaravalle, Borgata San Bernardo
- Cappella di San Maurizio, via San Maurizio 5