The Madone-du-Mont church was a parish church until the beginning of the eighteenth century.
Stricken several times since its construction in the eleventh century (according to its oldest known remains) the Madonna was raised at the beginning of the fourteenth, then at the beginning of the seventeenth century, and finally repaired / modified in the nineteenth century.
Located on a beautiful site of the Breil olive grove, the chapel shows Romanesque apses, gothic portals and a baroque bell tower around its three Romanesque naves with baroque decorations. Its harmonious volumes and its moving decorations bear witness to a poorly defined but obviously eventful history.
The Madone-du-Mont church has a basilica plan with a central nave and two collaterals. Three apses in a baking oven extend the three naves. High walls above the arcades that separate it from the collaterals support the frame of the main nave. Side bays at the top light this nave. The below collaterals are covered with frames in “shed”. They are lit by oculus at the top of each facade. The side tower rebuilt in the early seventeenth century is partly implanted in the south apsidiole that remains partially readable inside.
A semi-circular arched porch was built west of the central nave in the early 17th century. It was elevated by the creation of a small house around 1830. A masonry tank of the same period adjoins it to the north. A semi elliptical forecourt is located at the front of the side gate, north of the building.