The chapel of the Black Penitents is oriented to the East, its south side facade, where the door is located, runs along the street.
It was built during the second half of the 17th century, outside the walls of the medieval village, and still presents its Baroque stucco interior decoration.
The nave has a large central span, framed by two short spans with cross vaults, in the front (choir) and back (platform).
The rich rococo altarpiece is on the apse wall, behind the stepped altar, separated from it by a kind of high choir. The statue of the saint is in the central niche.
Above the entrance gate is inscribed 1873, which could be the late modifications date.
As it is often the case in the Roya valley, the later under the vault painted frescoes are composed of an allegory and geometric or trompe-l’oeil decorations. At Saint-Claude chapel, the grounds are surrounded by a starry sky surrounded by friezes, neogothic inspiration, appeared towards the end of the XIXe century. The presence of an allegory of the Virgin of Mercy is consistent with the devotions of the Black Penitents.
A wooden stand and pulpit were probably added in the 19th century.