The Saint-Antoine l’Ermite chapel is located at the south-east exit of the village, near the Genoa gate. Until the end of the 19th century, each door of the village was associated with a chapel: San Sebastián to the north (Porte de Turin) and Saint-Bernard to the south-west (Porte de Nice). The travelers could place themselves under the protection of the saint before their trips.
The first construction of the chapel seems to date from the fifteenth century. It is known that it was “raised” in 1613, and then enlarged and raised in 1847, which doubled its surface.
The ground level of its single nave with flat bedside is below the path.
The chapel has a simple nineteenth century decoration, trompe l’oeil, neo baroque cornices and false marbles. The canvas of the altarpiece represents a Madonna and Child between St. Eloi and St. Anthony.
The brotherhood of St. Anthony installed its headquarters in the chapel of St. Anthony the Hermit, south of the village, two years after its reconstruction in 1615.