The birth of the Confraternity of Santa Croce di Borgo San Dalmazzo dates back to the fifteenth century and is probably to be placed after the one founded in the previous century in Cuneo. It is very likely that the birth of a first cult building connected to the Confraternity also dates back to the fifteenth century, although the first information regarding a building with this title dates back to the end of 1583 when the oratory of the disciplined was visited by the apostolic nuncio Scarampi.
Outside the church opens towards Piazza Martiri della Libertà with a Neoclassical façade punctuated by pilasters, once decorated with an important fresco that time has inexorably erased. The interior, with a single room with a square apse, today has the wall decoration put in place in the nineteenth century and is affected by the difficult state of preservation that characterizes the building plagued by significant infiltration coming from the vault. The wall decoration, centred on themes linked to the stories of the Cross, does not have any elements of particular interest; worth mentioning are the Baroque apsidal altarpiece in white marbled stucco dating back to the early eighteenth century and the painting in this content depicting the Coronation of the Virgin among saints painted by Lorenzo Gastaldi in 1686. The anonymous canvases placed at the sides of the hall also date back to the seventeenth century and depict the Ascent to the Calvary and the Crucifixion which, although being of popular taste, are characterized by a discreet charm that recalls Nordic models. San Magno and San Dalmazzo are depicted on the vault.